Today we’re talking about something close to all of our hearts: the art of gift giving. We share the good, the bad and the downright ugly gifts we’ve received, and we also share our philosophy on what makes a good gift (hint: it’s not about the money). In this episode, we offer tips for how to come up with a great gift when you’re stumped and we laugh about the curse of being a gift-loving girl married to a man who just doesn’t get it. Plus, you’ll hear all about that one time Indiana’s husband gave her a nose hair trimmer. Join us and laugh along as we unpack the art of giving gifts, Coffee + Crumbs style.
Thank you to our episode sponsor:
Care.com is the world’s largest digital marketplace for all types of care needs including sitters, nannies, housekeepers, senior care, dog walkers and more—full time, part-time, anytime. Save 30% off a Care.com Premium membership by visiting care.com/coffeeandcrumbs
Mentioned in this episode:
The "gigi" figurine Ashlee gifted her mom
The calligrapher Ashlee hired to make a family tree word art for her MIL
April writes about the dragonfly earrings she gifted Ridley's birth mother in her essay "Woman In The Hall" in The Magic of Motherhood
Callie's new book, The Teacher Diaries: Romeo & Juliet
Book: The Five Love Languages
One of life's greatest gifts is friendship...
We love connecting women online, but even more than that: we love connecting women in real life. This is where the magic happens—across tables and couches and playdates in the backyard. It takes a village to raise our kids, and on May 12th, we want you to intentionally invest in yours. Check out all the details on our first official Coffee + Crumbs brunch! We'd love for you to consider hosting one.
- Gifts for husband: engraved collar stays | bluetooth shower speaker | instant read thermometer
- Gifts for mother-in-law: Storyworth | beach bag (fill with towels, water bottle, etc) | personalized brass desk calendar
- Gifts for pregnant friend or new mom: personalized necklace by Betsy Farmer | splurge- Lily Jade diaper bag (group gift) | nursing scarf / carseat canopy
- Little luxuries for a friend: $10 ring holder | $12 tassel power bank | $9 rosé gummy bears
- Gifts for children: scooter | Bluetooth kid headphones | scavenger hunt (+ a you doing it with them)
- My wishlist: bike | ABLE bag | GO Ring
- Gifts for husband: 30 written prayers prompted by this book in this leather journal | Daniel Wellington watch | boudoir photos
- Gifts for mother-in-law: wood block with photo of grandkids | cute jammies | Mimi kitchen towel
- Gifts for pregnant friend or new mom: The Magic of Motherhood | cute nursing bras | Promptly journal
- Little luxuries for a friend: $11 candle | $12 trinket tray | $12 journal
- Gifts for children: Magna Tiles | balance bike | books
- My wishlist: Madewell tote | initial bracelet | Glossier You perfume
- Gifts for husband: Yeti drinkware | handsome boots (you won't believe these are Uggs!) | open ear bone conduction headphones
- Gifts for mother-in-law: pretty teacups with nice tea | dry erase magnetic bundle | throw by Magnolia
- Gifts for pregnant friend or new mom: Gathre changing mat ("my absolute go-to!") | hand cream | She Reads Truth CSB Bible
- Gifts for children: Squigz | Pottery Barn backpacks | cute baby clothes
- My wishlist: Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering | monogram pendant necklace | sunglasses
Help the Coffee + Crumbs podcast reach more moms
Subscribe | To subscribe on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe to the Coffee + Crumbs Podcast. If you're an Android user, we recommend using the Stitcher app which you can find in the Google Play store. Then, once you're in the app, search for "Coffee + Crumbs." Click the plus (+) sign to add our podcast to your Favorites list. You can also try Overcast and Spotify.
Patreon | Did you know you can support our work with a monthly donation as little as $1/month? Learn more here!
Leave a review | When you leave a five star iTunes review, it helps other mothers find us when they're seeking out podcasts on iTunes. Need directions? No problem.
Check out our sponsors | We're selective when it comes to our sponsors because we are sure to only partner with companies that we love and know you'll love. They underwrite a portion of our production costs, so when you click over and/or support them, they'll know they've partnered with the right podcast. This week's sponsor: Care.com
Share with a friend | We hope to see the Coffee + Crumbs podcast grow and grow and grow, but we rely on moms like you to spread the word. We appreciate when you share our episodes—whether that's via Facebook, e-mail, Twitter or Instagram. Thank you for the love!